The FLEXmax family of charge controllers is the latest innovation in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controllers from OutBack Power. The innovative FLEXmax MPPT software algorithm is both continuous and active, increasing your photovoltaic array power yield up to 30% compared to non-MPPT controllers. Thanks to active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling, both FLEXmax charge controllers can operate at their full maximum current rating, 60 Amps or 80 Amps respectively, in ambient temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C).
Included in all of the FLEXmax Charge Controllers are the revolutionary features first developed by OutBack Power, including support for a wide range of nominal battery voltages and the ability to step-down a higher voltage solar array to recharge a lower voltage battery bank. A built-in, backlit 80 character display shows the current status and logged system performance data for the last 128 days at the touch of a button. The integrated OutBack network communications allows FLEXmax series Charge Controllers to be remotely programmed and monitored via a MATE system display and provides unrivaled complete system integration.
FLEXmax MPPT Charge Controllers are the only choice when you demand a high performance, efficient and versatile charge controller for your advanced power system.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.3 × 5.6 × 4 inches
- Weight: 14 lbs
- Designed to work with 12, 24, 36, 48 and 60 VDC voltage.
- Backlit LCD screen.
- Logs last 128 days for performance review.
- Voltage step-down ability to allow for a higher PV array voltage.
- Five year warranty
- MPN: FM80-150Vdc
The FM80 comes with a built-in 80 character display that shows you the current system status and data logs from the last 128 days. For more advanced functions and configuration, you can connect an optional MATE system display and controller. If you are using an Outback brand inverter, you can connect the FM80 and the inverter to a single MATE3 controller using a HUB communications manager. Only the MATE3 controller is compatible with new Outback inverters.
- Nominal battery voltages: 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 Volts DC
- Maximum output current: 80 Amps DC at 104°F (40°C)
- Maximum PV array power: 12VDC systems: 1000 Watts; 24VDC systems: 2000 Watts; 48VDC systems: 4000 Watts
- Absolute maximum PV open circuit voltage: 150VDC, 145VDC start-up
- Maximum Efficiency: 98.44%
- Charging regulation stages: bulk, absorption, float, silent, & equalization
- Programmable voltage regulation and equalization set-points
- Standby power consumption: typically < 1 Watt
- Built-in programmable auxiliary control output at 12VDC and 0.2ADC
- Data logging stores the last 128 days of data: amp-hours, watt-hours, time in float, peak watts, amps, solar array voltage, max. battery voltage, min. battery voltage and absorb time, accumulated amp-hours, and kWh of production
- Active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling (built-in fan)
- Designed for indoor installation
- Dimensions: 16.25″H x 5.75″W x 4.5″D
- Weight: 12.2 lb