It is difficult to rank solar panels as “tier 1,” as the term “tier 1” does not have a widely accepted definition in the solar industry. Some people use the term to refer to the most efficient or highest-quality solar panels, while others use it to refer to panels that are made by the largest or most well-known manufacturers.
With that said, some of the top-rated solar panel brands and models that are widely regarded as high-quality include:
- LG Solar: LG NeON 2, LG NeON R
- SunPower: X-Series, E-Series
- Canadian Solar: CS6X-P, CS5X-P
- Trina Solar: Vertex, Honey
- Yingli Solar: PANDA, YL295P-29b
- Jinko Solar: Eagle, Swan
- Q CELLS: Q.PEAK DUO BLK-G6+
- Hanwha Q CELLS: Q.PEAK DUO-G5
- Risen Energy: Risen RYM-D Series
- LONGi Solar: LR6-60PE-350M, LR6-72PE-350M
It’s important to note that the best solar panel for a particular application will depend on a variety of factors, including the location, budget, and energy needs of the user.